Mentoring at Bowman Elementary for the 2018-2019 School Year
Bowman has asked us to partner with them again this school year in mentoring kids at the school. Here are some of the areas they are looking for us to partner with them:
• Individual student help – you will be assigned a specific student/s for the school year.
• Playing at recess
• Eating lunch with the kids
• Read to individual students or a small group of students
• Flash card math or sight word drills
• Be a friend, spend time, share encouragement
• Give presentations to class (e.g., safety lessons from police officer, dental care lessons from dentist)
See Mandy if you would like to become a mentor. You will need to have a background check and some training is required. *There will be mentor training on October 16 or 18 at Bowman.