I pray you have a good start to the week. Be aware of “Divine encounters”; people that God puts in your path for his purpose.
Here’s our study for the week from Core52:
Memorize the core verse:
(Jesus said,) “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age. Matthew 28.18-20.
Question: What is the mission of the church? (Let’s be the church on its mission! We need to circle around to this regularly, so we don’t get lost in busy-ness/business/laziness. “We’re merely trying to partner with God in what he is already doing in our midst to rescue the world he loves… (Our task) is merely to be available where God needs us to go and to be who we already are, influencing those whom we already have a relationship with… We simply need to follow Jesus and help others walk along with us… walk with people as you walk with Jesus. Before long, they’ll meet each other.”)
- The Great Commission is God’s mission, not ours.
- This command is universal: reach all people in all places at all times.
- Our prime directive is to make disciples by mentoring others to loyalty to Jesus.
- Read the essay. It starts on page 174.
- Start on this today: Identify by name one person whom you could bring at least one step closer to Jesus.
- Read Acts 10 and 11.
- Meditate on Mark 16:15-16; Luke 24.47,48; John 20.21-23; 2 Corinthians 5.20.
Overachiever challenge: Memorize 2 Corinthians 5.20.
You are invited to attend the Wednesday, Sunday School / Teaching ministry / Brainstorming meeting at 6:30 in the Fellowship Hall. You can zoom in too. Call the office 522-6020 for those codes.
Blessings to you and those who help take a step closer to Jesus… make Jesus famous.