Yesterday in worship Adam mentioned a way to become involved in the fight for justice is to do the Engage Training that Love Alaska offers. It is the first step to helping out with Priceless (who works with Human Trafficking victims in Anchorage) or Chosen (works with foster kids who have aged out of the system and need an adult mentor).
Engage exists to help you develop practical skills to lead, love, and serve marginalized people in a broken world.
Give voice to the voiceless, fight for justice, reach the unreachable, and love like God loves.
We will focus on understanding your own design and calling, and we will discover how you are uniquely gifted and positioned to serve marginalized people and fight injustice right where you are.
You will come away with a new understanding in the following areas:
- Establishing healthy boundaries
- Walking with those who have experienced trauma
- How life-change happens
- The Church’s role in fighting injustice
- The balance of invitation and challenge in relationships
- Helping others establish community
- Establishing rhythms of rest and renewal
- Understanding your calling
Over 500 people have now been through Engage training and we would love to have you join the community of those who feel equipped to engage the brokenness in our world.
Here is the link to learn more about it and to register for the next class which is October 25 & 26.