The Thanksgiving season is good training for all of us. Here are some tips:
- As I said Sunday, Start with Praise. Make praise part of your morning routine. Praise has 2 facets, 1) praising God for who he is. Google, how you can express praise for his character using the alphabet: “God, you are awesome, benevolent, caring, determined, engaging, faithful… This is truly a good exercise to appreciate the greatness of God. 2) Praising God for what he has done in history, in your life, and what you expect Him to do and know he is going to address your needs in a most marvelous way.
- Google some thanksgiving verses. Here are 2 we will use in the next weeks: Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5.18 and Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4.6.
- Tomorrow, Wednesday, is our last Wednesday Night Alive session of 2018. We will practice our “sharing your faith without fear”. I will be the ‘tough case’ and ask you questions and you will as a group come up with answers to objections about examining Christ with you. Fun and good practice to think how to answer critics and dis-believers.
- Tomorrow’s dinner at 6 will be a pre-thanksgiving feast by Carol and Rick Elliott.
- Have you picked up a quantity of 12-14 oz. Stuffing for the Thanksgiving Blessing?
Praise God in the morning tomorrow and tell him you recognize his greatness and you are glad he will apply it to your world that day.