Our study for the week is The Atonement of Jesus the Christ.
The memory verse is Isaiah 53.5
“He was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.”
- Atonement is a necessary sacrifice of blood for our sins.
- Jesus sacrificed his life to save a nation not merely individuals.
- Sacrifice and victory are not anti-theatrical; sacrifice is the means to victory.
- Read the essay beginning of page 100; chapter 15
- Memorize Isaiah 53.5
- Read Exodus 7.14 through 11.10
- Meditate on Leviticus 17.11; Romans 6:23 and 1 Peter 1.18 and 19
- Mark Isaiah 53 in your Bible to read the next time you take communion.
- Overachiever challenge: memorize Romans 6.23.
To know Him and make His known.
Blessings and fruitfulness. Look for Divine Appointments that God brings across your path.