This is day 3 of Prayer and Fasting.
“Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.” Colossians 4:2 NLT
Sunday, August 25th through September 8th.
- Pick the meals and days you will fast. Use that time to pray.
- Pray in circles. Concentric circles. Expanding circles like ripples in a pond.
- Pick up a ‘Prayer and Fasting’ brochure on the Back Table.
- You will have a specific prayer guide for each day.
- List what you want God to do. “I will do whatever you ask in My Name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.” Jesus (John. 14.13)
- Every morning, begin with Praise to God. Read Psalm 5.1-3. God Owns every resource. He Commands every outcome and answer. You will see him do this these two weeks.
Tuesday, August 27. This is the day to focus on your family.
- Begin reading “Kingdom Marriage” found in a YouVersion devotional.
- Pray with your family every day, maybe during meals together and/or at the beginning or end of each day.
- Pray with your children for their success in schoolwork, and ministry to their class mates.
- Pray for your children that God would protect them physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Talk with your spouse about your marriage as a ministry and mission to those around you and maybe God’s plans to send you out in mission work.
- Pray for the salvation and well-being of your personal extended family.
- Pray that God would prepare just the right spouse, a strong committed Christian, for your children. That God would give them a great mission in the world.
- Pray for spiritual protection for your every member. Ask God’s guidance to pray for what is, or may be, attacking them and causing crippling effects in their life and their world.
- Thank God for each one. Name them and the blessings they bring to your life.
“In everything give thanks, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5.18
“You may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it.” John 14.14
For your blessing and protection from God, and your ministry to the needs around you.