Oh no, my kids are home from school – what will I do?
Here are some elementary school ideas that parents can easily do to jump their children ahead when they go back:
- Pick a book and write a book report.
- “Teaching textbooks” is a free trial website, grades three and above.
- Research culture, economy, climate etc. of a favorite country. It could be one we have a mission to. You could look on our CCA website. www.christianchurchofanchorage.com
- Do an animal study.
- Card games, board games, Nat Geo TV.
- Practice multiplication facts.
- Journal writing.
- Special projects around the house: sort toys, donate clothes, re-discover favorite books, paint projects.
- Virtual museum tours.
- Read together!!
“Don’t spend six hours making your kids do “school”. You’ll all go crazy. Find some fun and educational stuff and spend 1 to 2 hours a day with that. Then just do life together. www.abcya.com .”
- From a certified teacher who is currently homeschooling.